Coronavirus Help & Support

There is a lot of information and advice available regarding the Corona Virus crisis and where to get help and support. However we are aware that some carers are still finding it difficult to access the support they need.

We have sorted through many resources and documents and gathered together those that maybe most useful for local carers. Please click on the links below for further information.

If you need support to access any of these services or cannot find what you are looking for please contact us at         The Carers Centre on 0116 251 0999 or email

Government guidance for Carers

The Government has now provided guidance for carers. If you are caring for someone who is deemed to be extremely vulnerable, take extra precautionary measures by only providing essential care and ensure you follow the NHS hygiene advice for people at higher risk.
The government’s guidance also provides practical information such as finding alternative care quickly if you’re unable to continue caring and on what to do if you or the person you care for has symptoms.

CarersUk  advice & Guidance

CarersUk are providing up to date information for carers and have lots of useful advice and resources on their website including your rights and entitlements during the crisis, emergency planning, benefits and welfare, looking after your health and wellbeing and much more. This is an excellent set of resources for all carers gathered in one place and easy to understand.

Local support and services across Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland

If you need support or urgent help please contact your Local Authority on their Corona Virus Helplines:

Leicester City has a dedicated area on their website but for urgent support please email:

Rutland has a lot of contact information on their website but for urgent support please call:  01572 729 603
Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm (including bank holidays)   

Leicestershire County has a dedicated helpline for anyone who needs support from Adult Social Care: 0116 3050004

Their website also has useful information however for local support you will need to contact your district council. You can find all the contact details here: