Together We Care Groups
Together We Care Groups
Thanks to funding from The National Lottery we are able to offer regular self-advocacy and support groups that are relaxed, friendly and welcoming. These groups are kept small so that everyone can join in and are delivered online via Zoom with regular face to face sessions.
The different groups are held across the week with monthly evening sessions to ensure many carers can join.
Before you join a group there will always be an opportunity to speak with one of our experienced Advocacy Workers where you can talk through your caring role and get advice about the things that are specific to your individual situation.
We regularly have professionals from health, social care and education attend our groups, and we offer opportunities to gain information and have your say about services that affect you and the person you care for.
At our Together We Care Groups you can:
- Meet others who are taking care of someone, to share experiences and ideas
- Gain skills and develop confidence to deal with some of the challenges you may face
- Find out about what services there are for you and the person you care for and how to access them
- Learn how to be listened to and get your point across in meetings or appointments with health and social care professionals
- Find out how to look after yourself and stay well whilst caring for someone
Some of the issues the group have talked about include:
- How to look after your health and wellbeing when caring
- How to be assertive and have your voice heard
- How to access services in health, social care and education
- How to get a carer’s assessment
- How to deal with difficult behaviours
- How to deal with issues around food
There is always time to ask questions and relate the information to your own caring situation.
People in the group are regularly asked what issues they want to talk about.
Groups are currently online via Zoom and we are also offering some face to face sessions.
Our Together We Care groups include:
- Parent Carers of under 25’s: Tuesday at 10.00am – 11.30am (term time)
- Carers in Leicestershire and Rutland: Wednesday at 10.15am – 11.45am
- Carers of Adults Leicester City: Friday at 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Working Carers (of Adults): monthly Tuesdays 7.00am – 8.30pm
- Working Parent Carers (of U25’s): monthly Thursdays 7.00am – 8.30pm
Please click on any of the buttons below to find out why carers enjoy coming to these groups
For more information or if you would like to come to one of the groups please click on the 'Contact Us' button below.